|January, 1||New Year|
|January, 7||Orthodox Christmas|
|January, 27||Day of the break of the Siege of Leningrad in WWII|
|February, 23||Day of the Defender of Fatherland|
|March, 8||Women’s Day|
|24.03.1801||(215 years ago) Pavel I murdered.|
|4.04.1716||(300 years ago) Rastrelli family came to Petersburg to live. Bartolomeo Rastrelli created Winter Palace (Hermitage now) and other wonderful Palace in St. Petersburg.|
|07.05.1840||(176 years ago) Tchaikovsky was born|
|09.05.1946||(70 years ago) Russian Museum opened after reconstruction after World War II|
|May 6-22||Ice Hockey World Cup in Moscow and St. Petersburg.|
|May, 27||St. Petersburg City Anniversary|
|June, 12||Day of Russia|
|10.07.1941||(75 years ago) Battle for the release of Leningrad started.|
|04.09.2016||Moscow City day.|
|18.09.1941||(75 years ago) German troops occupied Pushkin city.|
|19.10.1811||(205 years ago) Lyceum in Tzarskoe Selo was founded.|
|30.10.1821||(195 years ago) Dostoevsky was born.|
|October, 12||675th anniversary of Dmitry Donskoy – Grand Duke of Moscow & Vladimir|
|17.11.1796||(220 years ago) Pavel I became the Emperor.|
|November, 25-27||Robotics Expo in Moscow.|
|December, 12||Constitution Day|
|30.12.1916||(100 years ago) Grigory Rasputin was murdered in Yusoupov Palace.|
Russia will host in the years to come:
– 150 years ago Dostoevsky wrote “ The crime and the punishment”.
– 700th anniversary of Ruble.
– 1591 (425 years ago) End of construction of the Donskoy Monastery in Moscow.
– 1856 (160 years ago) Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow was founded.
– 1866 (150 years ago) Moscow Conservatory was founded
* Soccer World Cup in 2018 in Moscow, Petersburg and other cities of Russia.